Transcultural communication in “5 Cultures”
The Five Cultures Game is an intensive, practical and theoretical intercultural training activity based on Michael Thompson’s cultural theory. It features scenarios in which teams with different cultural scripts join forces to work on concrete tasks. In the process of collaboration, participants not only express their own scripted cultural identities, but try to find solutions by working with each other. Due to its complexity, the Five Cultures Game is especially effective in imparting the following processes of intercultural and transcultural learning:
- cultural self-perception through the adoption of cultural preferences and behaviors based on the scripted role, which differ from the participants’ own culture,
- attention to and increased awareness for other cultural orientations,
- insights on the influence of culture on decision making and problem solving,
- sensitisation to “transcultural connection potential”, i.e. to the possibility of developing strategies for dealing with the cultural orientations of others out of one’s own cultural orientation,
- strategic understanding and handling of one’s own and other people’s life and communication styles, with the aim of achieving solutions to problems together, and
- strategic treatment of culture specific conflicts.
Duration: 2 days
Dates: by request
Number of participants: max. 12
Trainer: Alexander Reeb (about the instructor)
Price: € 480,– plus VAT
Beverages, snacks and seminar documents are included. The participants receive a certificate upon completing the seminar.
We look forward to welcoming you on this training course.
Currently only available in German. For additional information please see our German homepage: Das Fünf-Kulturen-Spiel.
If you wish to book this course as an inhouse seminar, please use the contact form.
You are reading: The Five Cultures Game – Transcultural communication