A Two-Day Workshop on Designing Intercultural Training Materials
This two-part workshop is intended for those who organise or implement intercultural training within an organisation, business, or project. The aim of the seminar, aside from a presentation of established simulations, is the development of participants’ own material.
Simulations and role-play are methods of intercultural training, proven to be effective in intercultural learning, either alone or combined with other methods.
The workshop consists of two blocks. In the first block (two days), simulations and role-playing games are presented and put into practice. In the second block (one day), the participants develop their own concepts.
- After a short introduction to the topic, certain established simulation games will be presented (Barnga, Bafa-Bafa, Markhall, Modis & Trados, Clues & Challenges, Ecotonos, as well as the Five Cultures Game developed by the Göttingen Institute for Intercultural Didactics).
- Depending on the number of participants and time limits, participants will take part in a selection of simulation games and role-playing games for intercultural training.
- In addition to the established simulations (see above), we also present simulations and role-playing games developed in-house at the Göttingen Institute for Intercultural Didactics.
- We also offer a variety of communication exercises.
- The participants form small groups and, with guidance from the instructors, develop their own concepts for simulation games, keeping in mind the requirements of their own target groups and institutions.
- The didactic methods needed for the implementation of the discussed material will also be presented.
- An information table with additional theoretical and practical resources will be available during breaks.
Duration: 2 days
Dates: by request
Number of participants: max. 12
Trainer: Alexander Reeb M.A. Or Rucha Ambekar M.A. (about the instructor)
Price: 580,- € plus VAT (690,20 € gross)
Beverages, snacks and seminar documents are included. The participants receive a certificate upon completing the seminar.
We look forward to welcoming you on this training course.
Currently only available in German. For additional information please see our German homepage: Design von Trainingsmaterialien.
If you wish to book this course as an inhouse seminar, please use the contact form.
You are reading: Designing Intercultural Training Simulations